Surgical Procedures Offered in Our Hospital
River City Veterinary Clinic surgery services include spay/neuter surgeries, abdominal procedures, and soft tissue surgeries. We offer the following abdominal and soft tissue surgery procedures:
- Abdominal exploratory surgery – in cases of suspected gastrointestinal obstruction, exploratory surgery may be necessary to evaluate the GI tract.
- Gastrotomy and enterotomy – when foreign object obstruction is diagnosed, removal of the object via an incision into the stomach (gastrotomy) or intestine (enterotomy) may be needed.
- Splenectomy – removal of the spleen; done in cases of splenic tumors
- Cystotomy – bladder surgery; usually indicated for removal of bladder stones
- Tumor removal – soft tissue tumors of the musculoskeletal system
- Wound repair
- Ear hematoma repair – drainage and repair of ear flap hematoma (fluid filled swelling)
- Enucleation surgery (removal of the eye) – indicated for severe eye trauma or tumors, or non-visual painful eyes such as in glaucoma with blindness
- Limb amputation – indicated with severe limb trauma or non-resectable tumors
- Tail amputation – indicated with severe tail trauma or non-resectable tumors
- Digit (toe) amputation – indicated for tumors of the toes
- Mammary tumor resection – lumpectomy, mastectomy, chain mastectomy
What to Expect When Your Pet Needs Surgery
For each procedure, our veterinary team will explain the procedures involved, post-operative hospital care, expected duration of post-surgical inpatient care, and after-care at home. It is our foremost priority to ensure that your pet has a safe anesthetic and surgical procedure and recovers as quickly as possible in the comfort of your home.
For procedures that we do not offer at River City Veterinary Care, our veterinary staff will discuss referral options with you and your family.